Skip to main content
Question

ILT's and session/events HELP!

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone!  I would love some brainstorming help!  We are starting to run our fitness classes for our company through Docebo ILT so that our remote employees can be involved as well as our home office employees. We have not used ILT’s for anything else thus far so I am new at setting this up and running into trouble. 

We are setting up the course, for example “FItness Classes” with the sessions of “Yoga” and “HIIT” with events for each day/time that these classes occur. 

When someone goes to enroll in a session of Yoga, it marks enrolled for all, not just one event. We are trying to track sign ups, so this won’t work for us. I know there has to be something I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Here’s how I do it here.  I have the course shell, then I have sessions for each date and then I have one event per session.  This route works better for how we do our ILT’s. I’ve tried the one session with multiple events and it just doesn’t work for us so it’s duplicate work but it’s working for us and that’s all that matters.

I’m willing to have a phone conversation if that helps. I can be reached at monica.cheek@ukg.com.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Users will always be enrolled at a Session level, and therefore will be enrolled in every Event under that session when doing it this way.  It would be best to do one event per session instead.  You CAN duplicate session set ups, which helps with this process, or load up your sessions through API, which may be helpful in making things faster as well.

Doing it this way, I would also highly recommend doing a different “Course” for each of your fitness class types.  One course for Yoga, another for HIIT, etc.

Something you’re going to want to keep in mind on this that will be a lift on your Superadmins/Power Users will be that if a person enrolls in a session and completes it, they can no longer enroll themselves in another session on that same course.  So for instance, if User1 enrolls in a Yoga session and takes that session, they will no longer be able to enroll themselves in a second Yoga session the next week - only a Superadmin or Power User could enroll that user in the Yoga session the next week.

This is such a tough limitation to work with.  For example, we have a course set up for our quarterly roadmap sessions.  2 sessions per quarter to accommodate time zones across the world, 8 sessions per year all under the same course.    The sessions only have one event under them each(aligned to the time zone that the session is set up to address). 

Am I correct in interpreting this limitation? If someone attends the Q1 Roadmap session for their timezone that the upcoming Q2, Q3, Q4 sessions will all be completed by the system and moved to the Completed Sessions tab?

We’re currently experiencing what we think may be new behaviour (logged a ticket) in that the scheduled session moved to the past events tab before the event started.  Made for a very chaotic start to the session as we tried to help everyone navigate gaining access.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The way we have currently set it up is similar to what others have described. We utilize ours for on-site training sessions which are generally a week long with multiple hour-long topics covered. For this, the session is one of the training weeks (ie July Audience A) and the events are each topic (ie Brand Standards from 2-3).

When it shows on the users end they see the events as an agenda and we can mark their attendance for each “event” individually. We don’t do self-enrollment at this time for our ILTs; however, it does allow us to enable enrollment for multiple sessions.

One of the limitations is that it does mean we would either have to manually add every event in but it’s made easier through the duplicate option for the session. We do still have to go back to update each event for the appropriate time so it’s something we still plan to review and update as time goes on.