Best Answer

New course player - potential bug - Playlist does not work in the preview version of the course player

Userlevel 1

I have been previewing the new course player on our system, and I have noticed that it doesn’t seem to work with playlists.

At the moment you select a playlist it takes you to the first course and displays a black bar at the bottom of the screen which contain the course list. But when I viewed this in the new course player it just took me to the first course and doesn’t display the bar at all.

Is this just because it is a preview, or will the playlist functionality stop working with the new course player?

icon

Best answer by JenWadsworth 23 June 2023, 18:23

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5

Following. We are experiencing the same issue with the new course player. The support desk indicated it was an known issue and they are working on a solution, but that the new player is still in “beta” mode, so we should expect there to be bugs. :(

Userlevel 3

We’ve found something too yesterday with SCORM trainings. Many SCORM training offer a way to exit the content “from within”. If you exit a SCORM “from within” in the new course player, you will be redirected to a new page, but the buttons “start” and “x” won’t work. The only way out is to refresh the page.

We’ve opened a ticket and apparently it is also a known issue. 😊

Badge

I noticed the e-learnings are the same way - was told that is a known issue as well

Userlevel 1

Hi all - New here, but appearing to be running into this same issue. Whenever a course is clicked from a playlist, it goes directly to that course (navigates from the playlist) and does not provide the blue bar with a list of playlist materials as it does with a video. This seems to be exclusive to the new course player we have enabled universally in the platform. However, without the ability for courses to be used in playlists and/or the ability to exclude courses from being added to a playlist, it seems to render playlists completely unusable. Any further updates, work-arounds, or ideas on this one would be greatly appreciated.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’re experiencing this too. Playlists are pretty useless as is. Do we know when this will be fixed?

Userlevel 1

I have a ticket in with support on this issue and was told that this is currently a known issue that is being looked into by the Product and Development teams. The playlist feature was not ported over from the old course player to the new course player yet, which is why we are seeing this issue. I was also informed that this feature was estimated to be completed and released by mid-February. But I have not received any additional update.

Userlevel 1

My support ticket was closed when they moved it over to the Product and Development team and I was told to keep an eye on product updates. That didn’t give a timeline to expect it to be sorted, so we have decided to avoid getting our users used to Playlists and expanding how we use Channels instead.

I would hope that if it has been passed to the Product and Development team that it will be included in the eventual go live, but that doesn’t help much if people are already using the new look ahead of that date. Finger’s crossed for mid-February as per @Breejen ‘s message.

Userlevel 1

Following for the results of this conversation as it will impact our current redesign process.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You can now add to a playlist in the new course player (I’ve had a go by doing a test in the preview). 

Userlevel 1

Update on my support ticket on the issue: The playlist feature is now supported in the New Course Player and has been released to the Sandbox platforms so you can preview and test out the functionality. This feature will be officially released on Production sites on May 6, 2024.

May 2024 Release: Check out the features now available in Sandbox

Userlevel 4
Badge

Update on my support ticket on the issue: The playlist feature is now supported in the New Course Player and has been released to the Sandbox platforms so you can preview and test out the functionality. This feature will be officially released on Production sites on May 6, 2024.

May 2024 Release: Check out the features now available in Sandbox

My director was just having me investigate why playlists weren’t working right (we deployed the new course player to everyone a few months ago) and I was totally unaware of this issue. VERY glad it’s being fixed soon!