Best Answer

Testing out Option for completion

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m looking to create a test out option for our employees, does anyone have any experience in implementing this?

Ultimately, we’re trying to provide an option for folks to test out of taking their annual training. So if they pass the test at the beginning of the training, they can bypass taking the 30+ minute training.

I’m assuming this is something I’d use equivalencies for, but I’m unsure how to go about setting it up logistically.

icon

Best answer by trose23 5 March 2024, 22:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

We haven’t done this, but I think you could accomplish it with the correct settings/equivalences.  This is a potential idea for how it could go:

Course A = Test Out Course | Course B = Actual Training

Users would need to be enrolled in both courses.

Course A:

• Training Material would be a Test Only.  The Test settings would likely need to be thoroughly vetted, and include only attempting the test once for a passing score and not show the answers unless they got it correct, otherwise they could just take the test until they passed it.
  • Mutual Equivalence would be Source Course.  If the test is passed successfully and they complete the course, the Target (Course B) will be marked complete as well.  Important to note that if they do not pass Course A, it will remain incomplete on their transcript unless an Admin unenrolls them/archives their attempt.  I would not archive any records until after they completed Course B.

Course B:

• Training Material would be the actual compliance training and presumably the same exam questions or similar questions. Not from the Central Repository because I believe that would bring in the exact same exam, but you could import the questions into the questions bank to recreate the test using the same questions.
  • Mutual Equivalence would be the Target Course. When they pass this course, it does not automatically mark Course A complete.