Skip to main content

Recently, my team has reported learners who have completed their courses in significantly less time than the course should take. For example, one learner completed a nine-hour e-learning module in 55 minutes, according to the report. I cannot see anything in the settings that would allow them to proceed without completing prior sections. Is there something I can specifically check to prevent this?

@ainsley.burnett Hi, Ainsley … I don’t believe there is anything in the LMS that you can monitor. It’s likely going to be done in the SCORM file.

I’d look to make sure that any page with a seek bar is set so that the seek bar cannot be moved by the user (or at least not until the page has been fully viewed the first time).

You might also have someone test your course to see how long it takes for someone using a screen reader to complete. It may be that hearing the course goes faster … though I wouldn’t expect it to be quite as dramatic as what you’ve reported.

Also, what is the inactivity timer set for? We’ve run into situations where the inactivity timer (when set really long) was impacting our completion times because someone would just walk away. I don’t think that this could be part of this situation, but …

Each video is set to require completion of the prior video before a learner can move forward. When I go into learner view, I am unable to replicate any method of speeding up the videos. I might be in a bit over my head, as I am newish to the admin side of Docebo. Could it be something off with the reported time? One user is averaging one minute per video on the report, and that’s just not possible, as far as I know.

@ainsley.burnett I’d get with the person who created the course, and just review the findings with them. They may have some ideas.

The other approach could be to reach out to the Help Desk.