Best Answer

LN: User has been enrolled in a Learning Path - can we have a delay on sending?

• 28 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Docebo Team!

Requesting if the Learner Notification, User has been enrolled in a Learning Path, could have the option of when I can send it after the event. The only choice currently is to send it immediately. 

When new learners are added to the platform, they receive the User has been created (by administrator), along with the you’re enrolled in a Learning Path. However, I’ve noticed quite often that they’ll receive the learning path notification long before the Welcome to the platform create your account one. 

Is there a chance that something could be implimented so that they receive the second, Learning Path, email an hour after I sign them up?

Thanks so much

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 28 September 2022, 20:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Interesting, you might want to turn this into an idea to see if you can whip up some votes for the product team.

However, wondering if your new user process can maybe just wait to enroll the user a bit so that it is not triggered until later, strictly as a current work around? This way you have more control of the process only when you want to as well.

Just stray thought though and may not work for your situation.

Userlevel 4
Badge

The problem with waiting is that the ‘job ticket’ will remain pending so to speak. So the way the client journey runs (we do B2B not B2C business). I receive all the info to build the program, Learning Path, courses, Learner Notifications, etc.. Then exaclty a week I receive the learner emails. I upload, and also enroll them into their live session/events (as it’s not automatic) and bam, the job is done. I believe what you’re saying is to build everything, but tweak the enrollment rules so it doesn’t assign them to a leaning plan, then upload learners to trigger the admin created email, then go back and add enrollment rules to trigger the second email, then remember to add them to the ILT’s. If a learner beats me to it, they’ll arrive at a dashboard with no learning plan and no ILTs. Not to mention if I get called away and forget… 

I’m open to suggestions if you know of a hack or idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm, I wasn’t quite thinking that, I was thinking of maybe a defualt dashboard/homepage/learning plan which they get by default, and then like an hour later to give the gap for the email processing do a user update that changes like an additional field or something, which then triggers all your actual enrollments and learning plans, and do your ILT’s like you normally would. So it is one more step (although that could be automated with API’s is where I would be going in my head with this) but defines a gap of time.

I understand the need to close tickets timely though, I just get concerned that the emails are all essentially in a queue and putting a delay on some, will work sometimes, but if the queue is having an issue you could run into the same problem again. What would be cool is a ‘multi-notification’ trigger of sorts, but that is an entirely different conversation and level of complexity.

Userlevel 4
Badge

You got it. Thanks for the ideas though, it’s very much appreciated.