I’m seeing quite a few bugs that I am frankly shocked that Docebo didn’t catch on their own given the size of the org. Various pretty basic UAT issues. Some examples:
- If you have a video selected for login screen, there is an undesirable forced popup on iphone and ipad and android and any other mobile browsers. How did nobody find this? How was it not fixed before?
- If you allow self enrollment to branches, it works fine in browsers but is bugged in mobile app. What?
- Gmail sso in mobile app has been bugged for months with no fix yet
- Loads of KB articles are out of date and inaccurate
- Loads of KB have missing or expired videos. Is docebo unaware of dead link scans? I have reported three pages with all videos missing in a two month period. Does nobody maintain this stuff?
These are just a few examples of things I was shocked to discover on my own. I know there’s a lot to maintain, but that’s Docebo’s job, not my job.
I would like to propose a bug bounty program. Perhaps $1000 bounty per bug. The benefits would be twofold:
- Users would be more likely to fill out good bug reports
- Docebo would be motivated to find and fix bugs themselves in a timely and professional manner to avoid paying out bounties
@lrodman, thank you for this feedback. I’ve converted it from an idea and placed it in our Docebo Feedback category. I have also passed this along to the team. We very much appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback and proposed solution.