Best Answer

Waiting lists

• 13 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Please see what we would like to have in a waiting list function.

• Session/ date level waiting list is required. 
  • When someone cancels, the next person on the waiting list should get a notification to say that there is place available and they should book it via LMS. (it should not book them directly or automatically). It should also automatically take them off the waiting list when they do book on.
  • We would also like to have a deadline for contacting the waiting list meaning LMS should stop sending emails out to the wating list 14 day in advance.
  • People on the waiting list should automatically get released from that session after the deadline of 14 days or after the session date has passed.
  • Enrolments on a course level are not required but it would be ideal to have another button to ask "are you interested in this course". We can use this list to arrange any new sessions as per requirement.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 13 October 2022, 16:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This morning we had 4 people turn up to an instructor led course as they didn't realise they were on a waiting list.  Because its not all obvious that you are on standby, our users get confused.

Totally agree with your suggestions.

This should be a priority update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agreed, the current implementation is not great. Ended up basically turning it off and having an embedded qualtrics form that knows where the person is coming from and who they are to make an external list which then triggers when someone unenrolls and does the email to the next user to let them try to enroll. Its not perfect and has some quirks but was a better received workflow than in the box options.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

can you describe in more detail how you did the qualtrics form?

Userlevel 1

I would love to also know that too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I can, it utilizes the fact that if you embed a in a iframe widget on a page or course you can add the advanced oauth option which adds the current logged in user id as well as codes you can exchange for a proper authorization token. Its a real nice way to fill gaps without the user realizing it is not native functionality. I am actually writing it up in my API article series in detail. Will tag this post back when it is published soon so you can see how the process works.

Userlevel 1

Thank you that would be great.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @kim, we appreciate your feedback! Have you considered submitting these as idea posts?

The Ideas Portal is what we use to field feature requests and improvements from our community. You can create an idea by selecting the “Idea” post type when creating a new post.

You can also see other people’s ideas (and comment and vote on them) in the Ideas Portal. You can access this area by clicking the “Ideas” link in the top bar (or right here).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those on this thread that were interested, the article detailing the form integration and how it works is here: