Question

Learning Plan and Course Notifications

Hello, I have notifications set up to notify learners when they have been enrolled on standalone courses as well as Learning Plans (where some standalone courses have been grouped).  My learners are receiving not just the “you have been enrolled on xxx learning plan” but also all the individuals course enrollment notifications from all the courses within the learning plan - so they’re being bombarded with numerous notifications in one hit.  Have I set this up incorrectly (likely, I’m new here)!

Ideally, I’d like the learner to receive one Learning Plan notification, rather than the individuals courses.  But I still need the individual course notifications switched one to notify learners who taking any one of the courses as standalone (and not needing to complete the full learning plan).  Any advise would be welcomed.  Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

My recommendation would be to use the “Digest:  User enrolled to a course” notification and schedule it to deliver on whatever frequency works best for you.  I have mine set to go out daily.  

That way they would get a single email that lists all the courses they need to complete, regardless of whether they are in the learning plan.  

I asked a similar question a week or two ago and got some great feedback.  It might help you too!

*Edited to correct the event name.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

following this because we recently turned off the course notifications due to users feeling bombarded by emails… we still send out the monthly digest, but there is no in-between… so when a power users enrolls a user in a course, the user won’t know unless the login or they will see it in the monthly digest. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@TaviaRitter   With the digest that I referred to above frequency choices include hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.  At my institution, we run several enrollment rules and use the daily digest to inform the user when they have a new assignment.  I have mine set to run at 9:00 a.m. every day.