Question

Adding HTML outside of HTML/WYSIWYG widgets

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

So I know we can add HTML to the widgets and go crazy with the CSS customization of already existing elements of Docebo. But now I’m wondering if there’s a way for us to add HTML to Docebo in other ways? Or maybe edit the existing one?

I’m wondering that because I want to add a header dropdown menu in-between the breadcrumbs and the page content.

And not just on this specific page but on all pages on the platform.

Has anyone figured out how to achieve this or something like this?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I was able to add a dropdown header to a single page using an HTML widget and CSS overrides, thanks to some help from other Community posts, but not as a global option that you can put in place and edit once for all pages. 

I’ve love to hear if anyone has been able to do something like this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you looked at using the iFrame widget?

Userlevel 2

have you looked at using the iFrame widget?

I don’t see how an iframe widget would help me add a universal menu above the page. Could you please elaborate?

And for clarification I’m looking to not use widgets as I’m trying to modify the “preset” pages as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @NRett 
Unfortunately, at present it is impossible to add content of that nature to the preset pages. The only option is to use html widgets for things with basic functionality, or iFrames for more sophisticated custom features including those that use the Docebo API to personalise it to the user.

Alan

Userlevel 2

Hi Alan, thanks for the answer but I would argue that it is possible as I heard tales and anecdotes that some companies redesigned docebo from the ground up. I’m just poking around here, looking for people that are willing to share how they did it :)