Best Answer

CSS to hide asset uploader in channels?

• 2 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello! Is there a way to hide the “asset uploaded by” field within channels, using CSS? If so, can it apply globally, and/or to just to specific domains within Extended Enterprise? The rationale is that we use channels for content presentation and functionality, but the uploaders are not considered to be experts/contacts for the content.

Example: I’d like to hide the names of all uploaders from all assets, such as this one:

icon

Best answer by brandonbillings 24 August 2023, 18:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I believe CSS is deployed per EE instance.

We went down this path, trying to hide the person who posted video content in a channel and found it more and more locations in the UI. A setting to turn this off in Docebo would be helpful. In our case the content is all posted by LMS staff, so we decided to make a generic account with our company name and post the assets under that account.

This is what I had in our sandbox before we abandoned the idea - 

.ui-card-author {visibility: hidden; } /*Removes publisher in tiles*/

.published-info {visibility: hidden; } /*Removes publisher below content*/

.publish-bar-wrapper.view-mode .info {visibility: hidden; } /*Removes last edited below content*/

.avatar-clip {visibility: hidden; } /*Removes avatar below channel content*/

.avatar-text {visibility: hidden; width:0px; } /*Removes avatar text below channel content*/

.authorSep {visibility: hidden; } /*Removes avatar text in next up content box*/

.tile-author {visibility: hidden; } /*Removes avatar text in next up content box*/

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you @brandonbillings your code worked for my uses.  😀

Tank you @brandonbillings .

Is there a CSS for the go learn app to hide the “asset uploaded by” field within channels ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tank you @brandonbillings .

Is there a CSS for the go learn app to hide the “asset uploaded by” field within channels ?

According to the help doc, it’s not possible. https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124279-Go-Learn-App-Info-and-Limitations#01H8KBZ1N7T9D31P22HAQ8E1HM

Branding & Look

• You cannot use custom CSS.

Thank you @brandonbillings . I appreciate the help.