Hiding contextual help via CSS

• 17 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you’ve administered the Docebo LMS for awhile, you’ve probably wanted to turn off the balloon help at some point.  Add this CSS to your site (under Branding and Look ---» Custom Styles) and it’s gone:

/*Remove contextual help*/
div.docebo-balloon, div.internal-header-suggestion-balloons {

display: none !important;
}

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@elamast thanks for this...works perfectly however it also removes the option for users...are there any other settings where the “?” icon can stay in place but only the auto-pop-ups are removed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@elamast thanks for this...works perfectly however it also removes the option for users...are there any other settings where the “?” icon can stay in place but only the auto-pop-ups are removed?

@lrnlab are you looking for a way to disable the automatic display of contextual help for users the first time they login? If so, I don’t believe there’s a way to disable this other than having the user “deselect” the contextual help button. Keep in mind that the contextual help displays based on a users cookies, so if that user clears their cache (or if you select to log in as another user as a Superadmin), the contextual help will appear again. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’m not aware of a way to do this with just CSS.  I believe I read somewhere that Docebo may allow some pre-approved JavaScript in the future, which would give us more flexibility. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx @Adam Ballhaussen unfortunately that is the case...it does remain OFF when the user clicks the “?” for the session but is reactivate each time I log in which gets quite annoying, especially for admins...I get that this is useful for those who do know the system however for anyone who works as an admin and is on the system regularly, we don't need a reminder about the “enrollments tab” daily, for instance...we get it...LOL...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This seems to be a symptom of a larger problem of user preferences are largely cookie based, and thus session based. Things like column visibility, default orders, filters, this setting, etc. would all be useful as an admin to be aligned to my profile so I don’t need to adjust every time I load up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This seems to be a symptom of a larger problem of user preferences are largely cookie based, and thus session based. Things like column visibility, default orders, filters, this setting, etc. would all be useful as an admin to be aligned to my profile so I don’t need to adjust every time I load up. 

I agree it is a little frustrating to have to re-select and re-select the visible columns in Course Mgmt each and, having to turn off contextual help each time, etc. An option to save settings would be really useful.

found this idea we can vote on: LMS-I-3175 - Create a setting to enable/disable contextual help

Interestingly enough, I also found this one that has been marked as “unlikely to implement” which is disappointing and makes me wonder if this is something Docebo will consider in the future...

LMS-I-4247 - Save Course Management Screen Columns 

Don’t think we are alone on this topic so let’s make ourselves heard

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nice, I find it a tad funny to base so many things on session cookies for admins when a lot of admins have to clear these regularly for proper testing practices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I agree with this one too.

When I turn something off - I want it to stay off - until I need to turn it on again.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Here’s another post that has some further details on this same topic: