HTML/CSS Limitations

• 26 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I recently began working with Docebo as a designer for my company. The goal was to do a custom design for different “hub” pages underneath a fairly typical landing page/dashboard and utilizing Docebo’s content assignment and management features. The problem I’m running into is that it seems as though certain types of CSS do not work within the HTML/WSIWYG widgets which will make or break the design. For example:

Any attempt to center divs (not just text), within a widget seems to ignore whatever CSS class or ID I set. The best I can tell is that it seems to be related to site wide styles for divs and/or the clearfix styles. While there are more numerical, and less responsive, ways of centering I worry about the maintenance time this creates going forward.

Position:Sticky also seems to be ignored regardless of how I try to implement it. This is a much bigger issue than centering.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hi @natticatt correct, not all HTML works the same across the site nor do all HTML tags works in a all places. Generally if you stick the basics you should be OK. There are some great coders on this site so you may want to check out some of the posts and perhaps some members can also provide some tips on how to achieve some of the results you are looking for.

If you have the resources and are comfortable with iFrames, you can bypass some of the HTML limitations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes - you may need to learn how to think outside the div in order to make your dreams come true.

I understand that it can be frustrating but it does have a way of stretching your creative muscles. Perhaps a bit of a blessing in disguise.