Best Answer

ILT - Use CSS to keep session information dropdown open

• 14 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Community, 

I’m wondering if anyone is currently using CSS to keep the ILT Session information dropdowns open when a user opens the course? One of the biggest issues we see with ILTs is that user’s cant find the “Join the Webinar” button and will often miss trainings because of this. I’ve started looking into the CSS code to see what can be applied, but figured I would ask incase anyone has already attempted/solved this. 

Thank You! 

-Jason

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 14 September 2022, 02:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi - this comes up fairly often around here, unfortunately this is not solvable via CSS alone. The problem is that the structure of the drop down does not exist until you interact with the dropdown the first time, so you would require some type of script to first interact and open the dropdown on page load, which is not a supported technique (adding scripts) by the platform currently.

Ideally, they would give us an option of open/closed default status, or restructure the underlying setup so that the details are there and we could then use CSS to override it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Make sure to vote for this idea:

Provide Join Webinar button on the session list | Community (docebo.com)

Userlevel 3

@Bfarkas Thank you for the update! That makes sense. I’ve gone ahead and voted for the the idea. Hopefully this gets bubbled up near the top of their roadmap

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agreed, it is a silly interface choice. There must be more happening behind the scenes we don’t realize otherwise the content would be there on page load too. 

I was just about to post the same question. Was really hoping there was a workaround for this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I was just about to post the same question. Was really hoping there was a workaround for this. 

Only workaround is to inject a script that clicks the dropdown on page load, and thats very much not a supported thing in Docebo, so not going to post directions, but if you feel comfortable doing a script, and figuring out a way to inject it to those pages…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Alan has a nice way to add a message to remind folks on the page to open the drop-down, silly from user experience, but best we can do for now, might want to consider.