Best Answer

Using E-mail Templates for Notifications

• 14 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Good morning everyone,

We would like to use a team email (we use Outlook) that we created as a "template" for all the notifications we send from Docebo. I've tried doing a simple copy and paste and also pasting the HTML code of the email but we can't visualize all the elements of the original communication (e.g. sources, external links, images, etc.).

Does anyone know how to do in such cases to "convert" an outlook email into a template that can be used on Docebo?

Thank you very much in advance.

Edo

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 14 November 2023, 15:26

View original

2 replies

Hi! I usually do “inspect” of the email page --> copy outer HTML --> paste that in the html comment box </> of notifications.
Images, I upload to a repository, copy image address and then paste the new source code in the HTML.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

most times you copy & paste something from microsoft, it carries all kinds of extra MS data that can mess things up. I started with one of templates Docebo provided (many notifications have this but not all) and once I got the look and feel I liked, I used it across all notifications...using a table is the best way to preserve your layout and make sure things look good across different tools, like browser, email software (it’s not just about outlook), etc. If you do build something from scratch I suggest you keep it simple as HTML can behave differently depending on where it’s viewed from.