Skip to main content

I’m testing out the API to create Channels in bulk. I’m heartbroken to realize that channels don’t have codes like catalogs since I have to make over 2k of them. But I digress. I’ve create a channel successfully, but I don’t see the option to set the upload permissions upon creation. Please tell me I don’t have to do this manually. 😥

Adding upload permissions, which is visible when you search individual channels, still allowed me to create the channel successfully but didn’t set it to the parameter I specified. 

{
"name": {
"type": "single_value",
"value": "Test",
"upload_permissions": "Experts only",
"values": {
"language_code": "en"
}
},
"description": {
"type": "single_value",
"value": "test",
"values": {
"language_code": "en"
}
}
}

Hi @captainzelda that would be frustrating. I haven’t worked with channels as much. I see channel update (PUT) under the manage service. What is the endpoint you are using to create the channel?

post /share/v1/admin/channels creates a new channel. 

I am curious if I can use Update Single Channel after I have all the channel IDs. They’ll be configured the same, so I’ll poke around with that.

Sounds good, I had looked at share and channels, but I didn’t realize that it created it, since it talked about personal channels. It might be worth a support chat discussion to see if there is another way.