Best Answer

API - List Values

• 20 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m struggling a bit with the API documentation.  There are many API calls that leverage the numeric value for field options that are only text-based in the platform, documentation, and help.  

For example, “Level” for a course.  I know the options are student (don’t get me started about why it’s “Learner” in the frontend dropdown lists but “student” if you’re using CSV), tutor, instructor.  BUT...which is which numeric value?  I can’t find it ANYWHERE in the resources.  Same thing for “status” I know the options are subscribed, enrolled, in progress, completed, etc.  but what number goes with each status?  

If someone can please point me to the place where these lookup values are hidden, I would greatly appreciate it.  

icon

Best answer by alekwo 20 October 2023, 12:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@hwolfehall Indeed, the documentation is not very well structured.

So far, I could find most of what I needed by checking the Body Schema of POST/PUT endpoints for creating/updating the relevant object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I wish that tab was open by default, so many people never know it is even there!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I wish that tab was open by default, so many people never know it is even there!

Add me to the list of people.  🤣   As always, thanks for the awesome help!! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Not sure if it’s inappropriate to use other threads to plug ideas we’ve submitted, but I just submitted this one: 

Please feel free to add other improvement ideas to the thread!