Question

API Question

• 20 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am soon going to dive into Docebo APIs, but I have a really specific use case that I wanted to put out to the community in case anyone had any resources or advice for me. We have a couple of courses that are mandatory for all new hires. The problem is with interns who are brought on as full time hires. In these cases, they need to retake these courses. Because there are no “unenrollment” rules, I am currently doing this manually, which is a bit of a pain and easy to lose track of. Basically I am hoping to use Docebo APIs to auto-unenroll interns and remove them from any groups so that our enrollments rules are able to kick in if they are brought on full time. Is this something I should be able to do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mshumway you can try this one:

https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/learn/Enrollment/Enrollment_learn_v1_enrollments_id_course_id_user

you can do a test run on this api once you are logged into your instance. At the end of the url: https://[your_company].docebosaas,com/ type, api-browser and you’ll be able to test it in real time

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Curious question, are the interns marked at all in their user profile? Can you exclude them from being enrolled at all into the group in the enrollment rules to begin with based on that field?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Curious question, are the interns marked at all in their user profile? Can you exclude them from being enrolled at all into the group in the enrollment rules to begin with based on that field?

I could, but they need to take these courses as interns and again if brought on full time

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah ok, and they maintain the same account when intern vs. full time? Interesting, know a lot of places where those are different accounts for this type of reason. Anyways, other thought is, do you make an intern version that they are enrolled in and take, and then when full time they are in the official one. One problem of straight unenrollment and re-enrollment is until they roll out the ability to retake officially, the statuses tend to get wonky and doesn’t work that well.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ah ok, and they maintain the same account when intern vs. full time? Interesting, know a lot of places where those are different accounts for this type of reason. Anyways, other thought is, do you make an intern version that they are enrolled in and take, and then when full time they are in the official one. One problem of straight unenrollment and re-enrollment is until they roll out the ability to retake officially, the statuses tend to get wonky and doesn’t work that well.

This seems like an interesting approach. Maybe I’ll look into seeing if we can make new accounts for former interns instead of recycling their old ones. This would solve all my problems I think.