Best Answer

API - Reporting

Userlevel 4

Hi all, 

I’m trying to work with my tech teams to create an API that will capture results in Docebo and send them to our data warehouse. We ultimately will build a Tableau dashboard off the data captured in the warehouse. These are the fields that we are trying to capture:

Field

course_name

first_name

last_name

username

branches

sub_department

care_channel

enrollment_date

completion_date

final_score

My tech team is having a hard time diphering what endpoints to use from the API Explorer. Has anyone set this up and would be able to provide some guidance? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by lrodman 1 May 2023, 20:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

HI @dandrews, thank you for bringing your questions to the community! May I clarify, are you specifically trying to pull this data related to enrollment records (meaning the first and last names would be connected to the course name, final score, etc.)?

Userlevel 4

Yes - @elliott.vickrey. We need to be able to show completion by person for our off-shore partners. Please let me know what else I can help clarify!

Userlevel 4

@elliott.vickrey Do you need more infomration or have a suggestion for me? Would love to get this back to my team. 

Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I believe you’re going to need multiple API calls here. One for users, pulling those user data fields like name and department (https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/manage/User/User_manage_v1_user), and one for course completions (https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/learn/Enrollment/Enrollment_learn_v1_enrollments_id_course_id_user_0). Also, to have those course completions make sense, you’re going to need to pull courses (https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/learn/Course/Course_learn_v1_courses).

For those enrollments/completions, I think you’re going to have to create what is called a “runner”, as in, you run that call once for each course, because there is no “return all courses” api call that I can see.

So, you probably want to run these calls at least hourly from something like postman pro or ms power automate.

Userlevel 4

Thanks @lrodman - Sharing with the team now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dandrews - I am not from Docebo, but you may want to explore Docebo Connect…using Workato (Workato is the product whitelabeled), you can get unlimited API calls to your learning platform….as always, these things come with a cost.

Userlevel 4

Thanks for the suggestion @dklinger . We may have to explore this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dandrews- I am not from Docebo, but you may want to explore Docebo Connect…using Workato (Workato is the product whitelabeled), you can get unlimited API calls to your learning platform….as always, these things come with a cost.

I was told actually that Docebo Connect leverages the API and DOES count towards your 1000 calls per hour. You sure?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dandrews- I am not from Docebo, but you may want to explore Docebo Connect…using Workato (Workato is the product whitelabeled), you can get unlimited API calls to your learning platform….as always, these things come with a cost.

I was told actually that Docebo Connect leverages the API and DOES count towards your 1000 calls per hour. You sure?

It does leverage the API. I dont know about it counting towards 1000 calls per hour because we dont have other active API calls going on. I can check on this though. I do know that we were sold on an unlimited amount of calls that can be made with it (because it is behind Docebo’s firewall).

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

While somewhat true, be careful in that more or less the same rules apply to API limits (1,000 calls per hour per endpoint). @dklinger is right on and received correct guidance in the past. Connect uses the same underlying API, found in API-Browser, that you could use without Connect (Workato) iPaaS or other external middleware solutions.

With Connect, we do not limit the amount of actions you can create with a single Connection/Connector and it’s related recipes. However, the platform’s API standards still apply, like protections against overload and to sustain optimal platform performance for both users and backend automations that could be taking place simultaneously.