Best Answer

API + Webhooks: Completed Learning Plan

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello!

I am working with an engineer from our company’s AMS and they are handling the API push & pull integrations, so apologies ahead if I don’t explain something correctly. We are nearing the end of our setup period and are hoping to go live soon. However, we are running into a bit of a snag:

Is there a webhook that exists for when a User/Learner completes a Learning Plan?

For example, we sell a product called a “micro-credential.” There are often 8-12 assignments required to complete so we package it as one registration event on our site, and then I designed it as a Learning Plan within Docebo and added those 8-12 courses to the learning plan. The next step I want to happen is that our AMS updates the user’s registration record once they have “completed” the learning plan so I can track it. However, we tried to look and don’t see a webhook for something like that. We only see a webhook for when “user completes a course”

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

icon

Best answer by ryan.s 1 September 2021, 02:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @rwolz! Your research is exactly right. Currently we only offer webhooks at the course enrollment level.

One workaround you can try is to use a final course at the end of your learning plan that has all the other courses as pre-requisites, acting as a finish line. Each of these finish line courses can be unique and only used within their learning plans. They could contain something simple like a wrap-up message or a survey.

You can then set up a webhook to trigger when learners complete courses, and the logic within your integration to check if the course completed is related to the micro-credential learning plan’s final course.

Feel free to reach out if you need any help!

Userlevel 2

Hey @rwolz! Your research is exactly right. Currently we only offer webhooks at the course enrollment level.

One workaround you can try is to use a final course at the end of your learning plan that has all the other courses as pre-requisites, acting as a finish line. Each of these finish line courses can be unique and only used within their learning plans. They could contain something simple like a wrap-up message or a survey.

You can then set up a webhook to trigger when learners complete courses, and the logic within your integration to check if the course completed is related to the micro-credential learning plan’s final course.

Feel free to reach out if you need any help!

Thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense. I’ll play around with surveys and the prerequisites. Should be able to get a good solution out of that. If Docebo ever does offer a webhook for learning plans, I’ll integrate it!

Userlevel 2

Ah yes but you should put this in the Idea Portal!