Best Answer

Automate Course Completion APIs

• 11 December 2023
  • 1 reply

We are brand new to Docebo and APIs getting ready to launch our new LMS. We’ve run into issues where we need to use content from two different content providers (Aspire and HealthStream/CE Unlimited), and we can’t pull their content into Docebo. We would like to have centralized reporting in Docebo. For CE Unlimited, they provide a nightly report through their EFT site. I’m not sure about Aspire yet. Is there a way to set up an automation that would pull the completion report and feed it into Docebo so learners can see all of their completions in Docebo?

icon

Best answer by Ian 13 December 2023, 09:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The short answer is “yes”, this should be achievable via the API. It may take a fair amount of work, though, depending on your tooling and technical skills. Docebo Connect would probably make this easier for you, if you have it. Or, if you have access to Power Automate, that could also help (and there are some great resources here in the Docebo Community, written by @Bfarkas).

There will be questions to answer re: exactly how to do this (and it’s very hard for me to comment, given that I have no familiarity whatsoever with Aspire or CE Unlimited), but at least on Docebo’s side there are endpoints to cover all this. Personally, I’d suggest that you check out the External Training options. I think that’s probably the easiest and conceptually the cleanest way to handle this, rather than building empty course shells for each actual course on the external platforms, etc:

Pro-Tip: Click on Body Schema (below the Body Sample) to see definitions etc. for different fields

Hope this helps!