Skip to main content

Hi All! 

We are going to begin testing of the Docebo Connect - Outlook Integration shortly. As we embark on adding this feature to our LMS, I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to share the following: 

• Best practices they’ve utilized adding this feature
  • Has a test script they’ve utilized to test functionality prior to launch
  • Can clarify if the examples shown in the Outlook Example folder are all needed for normal functionality. 

We are still in the Docebo queue to speak with a technical rep about the new functionality, so anything that can be provided, would be really helpful before we have our first discussion with the team. 

I’ve gotten a few good pieces of information so far from the knowledge articles and other community posts, but was hoping to see if there was anything else that the community had experience with

Thank You! 

Jason

We recently launched this as well and found that the set-up requires a to of testing and can be complicated depending on your coding knowledge. The tech rep was definitely indispensable in our case.

What awe found is that we could not include links back to the LMS as it does not support any way to create dynamic links based on the user’s sub domain and it has no language support either. Those are 2 of our main pain points.

Once launched you also need to keep in mind that anyone who can create sessions can turn ON/OFF the use of Connect which is fine if they respect that and understand what those settings do. For example, if it was turned ON in error and then turned off, everyone enrolled gets a “cancellation” invite which can be misleading...Just a few things to watch for and test.

@lrnlab Thank you for that! Certainly a lot of things to consider. As I review the example code, it feels a little daunting. With a little time, I’m sure I can pick up that aspect. How much time did you spend testing? I also noticed the ability to turn it off and on at the course level. We will need to update our training guides to adjust for this as well. One of the more challenging aspects of having a larger PU group. 

Thank you for your insight! 

Jason

Overall it took us several months to get things the way we like…

Since you cannot block access to that checkbox, we updated the label as follows:

it seems to help...