Best Answer

Docebo Connect to ADP - without ADP API Central

• 20 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!

We are currently trying to set up our Docebo Connect to ADP recipe, however we do not have the API Client ID or Client Secret without incurring additional costs on the ADP side.

We were not made aware that these were required prior to purchasing Docebo Connect to ADP, has anyone else experienced this or found a workaround?

Many thank for any advice or help!

icon

Best answer by Ian 21 September 2023, 09:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

What a deeply disappointing experience to have. Sorry to hear about this!

The only workaround I can think of would be if ADP were somehow connected and syncing the relevant data to another service, one that you could connect to Docebo (without them nickel-and-diming you to death).

Then again, if you don’t have an API Client ID and Client Secret, I’m not sure how that would work.

My own, unsolicited commentary on the situation: Docebo probably should include some disclaimers about this when selling Docebo Connect – that the ability to connect to other services may incur additional fees from those services – but personally I would put the vast majority of the blame for your predicament at ADP’s door.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Tumi V We have our Docebo integrated with ADP, and we don’t use the APD’s API. 

We built our integration a few years ago, before Docebo Connect was on the market. Still, we use Workato, which is the engine white-labeled by Docebo as Connect.

In our case, ADP is configured to run a daily report with an extract of all employee records and to upload it as a CSV file to an SFTP server that we had set up for that purpose. 

Workato’s SFTP connector is configured to listen to the changes on the SFTP server and run the synchronization logic once ADP creates a new file there.

We use the same source file to update employee profiles also in other enterprise applications that we have in the organization.

@Ian @alekwo -  Thank you both for all your help. 

I will post if we are able to get this sorted.