Best Answer

Download slide training Material using APIs

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

We are downloading all the training materials that are in the central repository using APIs, but we are not able to export the Slide files. The link is generated, but does not bring the content. We had no problems with videos or scorms, only with the slides.

Any tips?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by KMallette 5 April 2024, 23:20

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@msantos Hello… could you provide the endpoint that you are using?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @KMallette 

Get downloadable link for training materials

/learn/v1/lo/{id}/download

The link was generated “ https://cdn5.dcbstatic.com/files/c/o/conectalocaweb_docebosaas_com/1712350800/iOetI0n2wMUHW_Shm1vMiA/webapp/Manual_-_Marca_o_de_Ponto_876.zip

but the folder is empty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@msantos I get the same results… have you checked with Support?

I was thinking that you had maybe found a solution for me with survey data, so the course I downloaded had a survey poll and slides.  I got a zip URL for the slides, but it seemed to just ignore the survey.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @KMallette , did you not use the LO download endpoint but the Course download endpoint?

Did you download the slide LO?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @KMallette , thank you for your help.

The problem is that, when trying to open the slide zip file with Windows, the folder appeared empty, but when opening with WinRar the slides were there.

We were able to open scorm content and videos on Windows without any problems.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@msantos That is a bloody brilliant solution. Windows tricks us soooo much; gives us the illusion of being able to see/do everything! 😣

Thanks for posting!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I had been hoping to use this capability. I have completed the OAUTH but I get an error message.

Any suggestions?

I confirmed the course has training materials

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @dwilburn ,

Did you verify if your login has a permission to download courses?

Are you sure that you connect to OAUTH ?

Do you can see the “SIGNOUT” button screen?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@msantos - yes I did. 😎

I just tested again, in the same “session” I pulled /learn/v1/courses/{course_id} without a problem and then tried the get down loadable link and I still get Permission Denied.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@msantos - I just tried in the sandbox and another instance and same result. Is there a specific scenario of course where you get a download link? I am admin, and not a developer. But most of our stuff has a SCORM file. At least one of these I am trying has training material (to read) and a quiz.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @dwilburn , I´m not a developer too. I do not have a problem to generate a download link. It´s better to open a ticket with the Docebo´s Support.