Help me help you: Skills management

• 29 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I had a bunch of conversations at Docebo Inspire and been reading around on the community about Skils management. Trying to think through how to best help folks….

I understand many wish for a CSV upload for associating skills to courses, but is that the only common skills management?

Is a CSV the preferred method?

If there was a way to select a skill and then assign multiple courses to it would that be preferred or work?

What else is annoying with them right now?

I am thinking of a tool over at Fark.Tools but also potentially a Quickgrabs article for helping folks leverage the api’s to get this stuff done.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I would also like to be able to export a report of the skills in the platform/custom skills so I know what I would assign to multiple courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would also like to be able to export a report of the skills in the platform/custom skills so I know what I would assign to multiple courses.

Nice, so just a listing, or you want to know which courses are assigned to each one? If you were able to easily just view the listing of them would you need the export? Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I would love the ability to export them as well as see them. That allows me to share the resource with my stakeholders who can identify what they need me to update for them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would love the ability to export them as well as see them. That allows me to share the resource with my stakeholders who can identify what they need me to update for them.

great, thanks for the feedback @JKolodner !

Userlevel 5
Badge

But I really like the ability to add skills through a CSV.

Also, I’d like to see the following:

• Ability to edit definitions of platform skills (not just custom)
  • Ability for learners to see definitions of skills so they know what they’re selecting. Right now, only SuperAdmins can see them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

But I really like the ability to add skills through a CSV.

Also, I’d like to see the following:

• Ability to edit definitions of platform skills (not just custom)
  • Ability for learners to see definitions of skills so they know what they’re selecting. Right now, only SuperAdmins can see them.

Sounds great, you might want to go post ideas for those to gain traction, unfortunately I will not be able to help there as I am bound to released system abilities, both of those will need Docebo work to be done :)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Already done:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Cool, I just voted for ya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Making some progress:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those following this thread and interested, opened this up for testing now. More details here: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I have had Power Users tell me that they cannot assign skills to multiple courses at one time - they get a 403.  But they can go into each course and assign skills there without any issues.  Am I missed a permission on their profiles or has anyone else experienced this?