Skip to main content

To start off with I know there is an API that will retrieve the details of 1 skill but we have 345 (80 core skills) so I really need to find a way get all the skill descriptions without doing each one individually in an API (api-browser/#!/skill/Skill/Skill_skill_v1_skills_skill_id). I can get all the skills their codes and id’s thanks so a very talented team member SQL database and PowerBi. So if that is required I have that information. 

Is there a report I’m missing or maybe the API is hidden somewhere? I’ve looked everywhere I can think but I just keep hitting brick walls as far as the skills are concerned.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

@Lucy.blake I was unable to find a batch call either. I even reviewed non-public / not supported endpoints. 

Since the endpoint is not a batch endpoint, your next best option is some type of “loop” job or a “Runner” job as it’s called in Postman (API testing tool). Once you’ve garnered all your Skill IDs using GET skills/v1/skills/catalog, then create a list of all Skill IDs and run the endpoint skill/v1/skills/{skill_id} for every Skill ID in your list. You’ll need a way to programmatically grab the Skill description for every GET request. In Postman, my list is a CSV of Skill IDs for the Runner job to grab and execute.