Question

Issue with Superadmin Receiving all ILT Session Events on her Outlook Calendar (regardless of whether enrolled in the session)

• 29 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are experiencing an issue with the Microsoft Teams Integration with Docebo, as it relates to the account of one of our Superadmins. This is only occurring with her, but currently, all of the ILT sessions that are being scheduled are automatically showing up as events on her Outlook calendar, regardless of whether or not she is enrolled in the course the session is part of or the session itself (i.e., every single ILT session being scheduled in Docebo is showing up on her Outlook calendar). As they are showing up as events, they are blocking off her calendar during the meeting slots, which is preventing people from scheduling actual meetings that she needs to attend with her during those time slots. (Note: She has her Docebo calendar synced to her Outlook calender).

We reached out to Docebo Support and they said that there is nothing on the Docebo end that should be causing it, so it is likely due to something on the Teams end. However, the IT director from our company who worked to set up this integration does not know how to troubleshoot this from the Teams set up end.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did you resolve it? I am wondering if deleting the synced calendar from her Outlook and then re-adding the Docebo calendar from within a course that contains an ILT session that she IS assigned to would work. A member of Docebo Support also stated that if it is a subscription issue in Outlook, then she can simply unsubscribe to the sessions, but we cannot find where in Outlook to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or have you experienced this?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@abaumgard I didn’t experienced anything similar, so just guessing.

It may be unrelated to the Teams integration.

When they open Outlook, in which calendar they see those events? In the one assigned to their Outlook account, or in the one imported from Docebo?

If events are in the calendar from Docebo - as they are a superadmin they have visibility into all sessions on the platform, so might be that they will see all sessions, even if not enrolled.

Can you check what they see in the My Calendar widget in Docebo?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I know it shows on her Docebo synced Outlook calendar, but I have to follow up with her on Monday if it shows in her ‘My Calendar’ events on Docebo as well as her Outlook calendar, or just her Outlook calendar.

Something I did notice is that she is automatically showing as the meeting organizer when the completed ILT Teams’ sessions regarding appear in Teams, even if she was not the one who scheduled it and is not set up as an Instructor for the meeting:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@abaumgard the person whose account was used to configure pairing between Docebo and Teams will always be marked as an organizer, as when Docebo is scheduling a new Teams meeting it is using their Microsoft account’s authorization.

@abaumgard  - Did you happen to get a resolution for your Super Admin getting all of the calendar entries on her calendar?  I happen to be the super admin for my platform, and I’m the one who is receiving all of the calendar entries with the Teams links on my main Outlook calendar.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Shanon,

We have more than one Superadmin, myself included, but I think the superadmin who is receiving all of the calendar items for the Teams meetings is, in fact, the person whose account was used to configure the pairing