Latency Issues - Zoom V3

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi All, 

We just paired Zoom V3 in our Sandbox for testing. Super excited to get this rolling. As you can imagine, there is a lot to test, starting with the adding of Zoom Hosts to the paired Zoom instance. 

The first problem we are running into: Extreme latency opening and interacting with the enrollment side-bar. We’ve had different people try this, are meeting all of the minimum system requirements for Docebo(using Google Chrome) and have a minimum of 200mbps/10mpbs download/upload speed. 

Upon clicking the green assign button to add a Zoom Host, we see the enrollment side-bar open, then freeze, we get the message to wait or close the page. We click wait, then it opens fully. Upon trying to type in a username, name or email address to search it freezes once again. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

We were able to get 3 Zoom Hosts added before this became a major issue, since we’ve deleted one host and tried to add them back, now we are getting separate error(Internal Server Error).

We have a call scheduled today with Docebo tech support, I’ll keep this thread updated. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m experiencing the same type of issues. Were you able to find a solution? I am wondering if it has anything to do with the updated course page? I was able to set up multiple events before upgrading and now, even if my Zoom V3 shows it is paired, when I try to set up new events, I always get a server error once I choose the event host and can’t get access to the templates created for the webinar. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @dr.reinhardt 

It seems the system goes back and forth between working and not working. I recently opened a new ticket as I needed to test some additional settings for Zoom V3 to reply to a different tech support ticket. We have roughly 3-5 open tech support tickets with Docebo at this point regarding Zoom V3. The recently opened ticket #658680, specifically addresses the server error issues I was receiving when attempting to add the password to the event I was attempting to create. I received the following response from Docebo: 

I have reviewed your video and analyzed your HAR file provided.

This issue you are facing when clicking auto generate password alongside the data from the HAR file does meet the criteria for an ongoing development team investigation. We are currently aware of this and its being actively worked on.

I have been given additional information in regards to this investigation. Our development team has pivoted this investigation into what we call an "DOC". The reason for this is many other features with Zoom V3 are connected to this same server error, in short, multiple issues are causing this server error, not just the password. The unfortunate news is DOC tasks do take traditionally more time to investigate then other development team investigations and there is unfortunately no ETA on a fix. However, I am personally checking in on this DOC task daily.

In the meantime we have been informed to recommend that for now you utilize Zoom V2 if you are in need of hosting Zoom meetings for your ILT courses.

I’ve been in the testing phase for Zoom V3 since Early October 2023 and keep running into issues. Thankfully we kept Zoom V2 to use. Its really rather unfortunate, because the features of Zoom V3 generally speaking are an upgrade, if they can get it to work