Question

LinkedIn Learning Course Management

• 2 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi there! This is for anyone who has experience with LinkedIn Learning and Docebo. The automated content sync from LinkedIn Learning to Docebo doesn’t work quite how we thought. I’ve spent hours trying to figure out a solution for the issue we’re facing but can’t seem to figure it out, so I’m looking for some insight/tips! 

We were under the impression that the automated content sync would automatically: 

• Add new courses when LiL creates them
  • Update courses when LiL updates them
  • Unpublish courses that LiL retires

When we set up the integration, we were under the impression that this would all reflect in Course Management, but it seems like it only does this in the LiL AICC Catalog. The problem with this is that the courses aren’t offically imported into our LMS unless someone enrolls in the course from the AICC catalog page OR we manually import them. The problem with this is that we need to import roughly 3,000 courses and it doesn’t seem like there’s an easy way to do this via the Content Marketplace (no filter in the mass import section). 

In LiL Admin, I see there’s an option to “Download LiL Catalog” that contains “AICC Packages” but I can’t figure out a way to mass import them into Docebo. 

Has anyone found a good solution for mass importing LiL courses/managing the LiL catalog in your instance of Docebo? Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @twertheimer not sure if this will be helpful as I only have limited experience with LiL courses...as far was I can tell the import is just one-way meaning it has to be imitated by the admin. The content is not updated automatically so you need to stay on too of what’s going on within your own LiL service agreement, etc.

As for importing...options are limited...you can use the filters on the left to narrow your results and the import each course clicking IMPORT or use the “massive import” tool where you can search for courses and then import everything you have checked...neither are easy.. 

We made the mistake of importing al English content and are now having to go back and clean things up so you may want to be more selective even it takes a bit more time investment to get it done.