Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I would like to propose the addition of a "not_paginated" parameter to all the APIs. This would enable us to "force" all results onto a single page.

This is particularly beneficial for simplifying API calls when using middleware to manage them, eliminating the need to implement a more complex system for handling multiple pages.

If this change is not feasible in the short term, another alternative could be to increase the "page_size" parameter, which is currently often set to a maximum of 200 items.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and whether you think it's feasible.

Thank you, Marco.

Hi Marco,

I can understand your need to get massive sets of data out of the system. It would be good to better understand specific data sets that you are retrieving via API and why you need to have a full set for each call you execute. There may be alternative solutions to this through other means (Custom Reports extraction, Audit Trail, etc.).

There are many API endpoints in Docebo Learn that allow for parameter filtering, so that you can extract deltas of newly updated data, while retaining the state of historical data on the requesting server. As you can probably appreciate, pagination is important to ensure system performance and timely response times for each request.

It would also be good to understand more about the challenges that you face with implementing logic that allows for traversing data loads which have paginated results, as you describe this as a “more complex system”.

I haven’t answered your question but I hope the following discussion can lead to something productive. Cheers!

Hi @samuel.adams ,

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m currently working with three specific APIs:

1. The API that returns the list of all users
  2. The API that returns the list of all courses
  3. The API that returns the list of all users enrolled in various courses

While I’m aware of the available downloadable reports, we were wondering if it would be possible to remove pagination from these APIs (understanding the associated risks for the IT team making the calls 😁). 

In our case, it is more "difficult" to open an Excel file, which may change in terms of columns and names, rather than having all the results from the API call in a single page in "JSON" format.

Thank you again for your valuable input.

Best regards, Marco.