SSO via API for Extended entreprise

• 20 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Can we utilize API for Single Sign-On (SSO) for the Extended Enterprise?

We are interested in granting access to one of our clients to implement SSO on a other application, and we would prefer to implement SSO through APIs without providing them access to the complete set of APIs.

Our client can’t use SAML!

Do any individuals encounter these scenarios?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

A couple of questions:

• Are you already using the API and SSO app at the root level?
    • If so, are you currently using the Force External SSO option? 
  • You said your client can’t use SAML; can they use Auth0, LDAP or OpenID Connect instead?

It is certainly possible to use different SSO protocols in a multi-domain scenario, but it may not be consistent with the approach you’re outlining.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thank you for your reply.

Our customer doesn't use any of the Auth0, LDAP or OpenID protocols. They wish to use SSO via API, but I think SSO via API only works at the top level and we cannot give them access to the API via oAuth2.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m not an expert but from what I’ve found in the Knowledge Base, I think you’re right. It’s unfortunate.

Thank you for your reply

Userlevel 1

We are interested in granting access to one of our clients to implement SSO on a other application, and we would prefer to implement SSO through APIs without providing them access to the complete set of APIs.

We have the same scenario. I think it should be implemented for extended enterprise as well.

We have the same scenario. I think it should be implemented for extended enterprise as well.

We were able to find a solution through a custom application that provides us with Single Sign-On (SSO) for our extended enterprise.

If you are interested let me know !

Userlevel 1

It's great. I do want to learn more for your solution.

Thanks.

ZB