Question

tmrepo service

• 17 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Just starting to evaluate the platform. as beautiful as the ui is, we would prefer to avoid the need to use it. Our training org builds everything in markdown and markup files like yaml and do everything in text in GitHub. I have seen the api explorer which is great, but not seeing any way to post the actual learning materials to a new course. I am assuming that is what the tmrepo service is for but that is the one service that doesn’t seem to work in the explorer. Has anyone used it and can confirm that the tmrepo service is what i tthink it is?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I never used them, but as far as I remember to manage course files and learning objects you use /learn/v1/filerepo/ and /learn/v1/lo/ APIs.

I’m trying to do the same with videos, but the API is not very helpful. Is there any docs that explain the data structures? 

I mean, what is the lo_filename actually wanting in the /learn/v1/lo/batch POST call?

The official answer from support is that it was a mistake to make it public. Which seems to confirm that the api is pretty light and not very usable. Will move on to another solution. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@technovangelistt the learn/v1/lo/batch API is primarily an internal one we use for data migrations and works in conjunction with AWS S3 buckets (to retrieve the item and import it). At this time we do not have as good of coverage from API perspective of learning object management as we do with some other areas of the platform, though this will come in time :)

Nate

@natemadel Thanks, I figured out what I was doing wrong, I can upload content ok after some fiddling with the request parameters.