Question

User Authentication for AICC Course

• 5 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello

I have (what I thought was a) super-simple use case which I am struggling with in Docebo.

1. I have a Docebo instance setup using SSO (JumpCloud is the IdP) which is also integrated with Slack.  The Slack integration appears to drive the format of user ID (firstname.lastname) rather than email address which would ideally be used.
  2. I have an external vendor which the Compliance team are using for mandatory eLearning courses.  The same users exist in the LMS of the vendor and also use SSO to access (again using JumpCloud as the IdP).  The user ID here has been set as email address.

I have a learning plan in Docebo which contains initial content for user onboarding - various SCORM modules, a couple of videos from senior leaders, etc.  I then need to include the courses from the vendor. I want Docebo to remain as the front door for learners for this.

I assumed (I never learn!) that my tasks for the integration would simply be:

1. Export the courses as AICC from the vendor
  2. Update the userID attribute for both Apps for SSO to match - given that we can’t change this for the Slack-integration driven in Docebo, I updated the vendors to firstname.lastname - indeed users can now access the LMS of the vendor by SSO
  3. Upload the AICC to the relevant Courses in Docebo and the learners would be able to consume

Alas this is not the case and I receive an error from the LMS of the vendor.

It seems that the only attribute that is shared by Docebo via AICC to the vendor’s platform is the (Docebo generated) internal user ID - which of course has nothing to do with anything outside of Docebo.  The LMS of the vendor rejects this - as there is no user with this ID and they have no link between this and the firstname.lastname attribute it is expecting.

So in addition to SSO for each of the two LMS’ I need to link the Docebo ID to the firstname.lastname via api and then send this to the second vendor?  This seems like a crazy amount of work for such a simple use case.

What am I missing?  How has everyone else managed this for your own integrations?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!