Best Answer

Announcements or Articles - where do you create in order to link to them?

• 7 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

This may not be an actual Docebo question, maybe it is a new feature request, but here goes.

Our home page is broken into 3 columns.  The first we use for widgets that announce new courses, tips/tricks, links to articles, etc.  The second is My Courses & Learning Plans (sorted to ensure Learning Plans are listed at the top in a specific order using codes); and the third is their available catalogs (which spotlight courses based on branches).

The question/request I have deals with the widgets in the first column.  A widget that recommends a new course is easy, I can link to the course registration.

Is there a way to link directly to a resource in the Central Repository such as a job aid (file), video or HTML page?

I know how to create Deep Links for launching a resource in Go.Learn.  That is GREAT if they are in Go.Learn.  But how can I do this for in the web based platform?
BTW, here is the article for Deep Links for Go.Learn: Deep Linking for the Go.Learn App – Docebo Help & Support

I’m thinking I may have to actually create a website for these types of web pages maybe using Google or WordPress.  I don’t want them connected to our company’s website, just individual pages.  Videos can be published and link to in YouTube. Not sure where to publish documents, it might be Google.

Am I the only one who would like to be able to link to items in the Central Repository?

How do you work around this?  What do you use?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 8 July 2021, 21:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tschoone have you thought about using Channels? you could link your widget to a Channel or use the Channel widget instead of what you have now...Channels allow a broad variety of content including internal and external links...so you could use your 2nd option of housing content on an external site if you don't want to upload it to a channel...we use them quite extensively for small and large audiences and they work great + you have the ability to enable Q&A and Comments sections for each piece of content that may prove very useful.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124219-Creating-and-Managing-Channels

Hope this helps

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yes, we do use Channels.

These widgets are more of a marketing item to be dynamic points of interest.  We want these to change at least weekly. They will contain tips, tricks, news, etc.  The graphics will be created by our marketing dept. and topics will draw from articles in the monthly newsletters, announcing updates/changes to our software tools, or addressing common mistakes identified by our QA dept.  Some may be training points, others just news. 

I just hate sending them outside the LMS if I could keep them inside it.

But your point of adding the graphics to the channels is a good one.  That makes the training point permanent, and open for discussion.  I think this will certainly be used for the training tips, tricks and QA.

Below is an example of how our Go.Learn app looks when opened by an office employee.  These two widgets will change with news items, articles, etc.   So both Marketing and HR have ways of engaging employees.