Anyone bridging over from Taleo Learn?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Good mornng community!

Just coming off of a Taleo Learn instance that I helped to run for 8 years. Looking to “relate” and find others that are working through either a migration or did some similar work. I believe we will be like minded in a bunch of places.

I am very excited to join the new community...and looking forward to contributing.

In context, I went from leading a team of 7 direct reports and 3 indirect reports that worked with that older instance and decided it made sense for a change for myself and to look at my “new tomorrow” back in January. We have been evaluating products and came to the conclusion that Docebo is the best fit. Now we are just beginning our implementation.

I did contribute a ton in another forum - I found it to be a great way to learn from others that are leveraging the system...and I found it fun to try and stay up on badges and the leaderboards.

Some top questions off hand:

• Observation Checklists look like they may fit for us as we have a seriously deep paper process related to it. But understanding the gotchas upfront will really help.
    • Can you make the answers in OC layout horizontal instead of vertical without making a hot mess of the global CSS?
  • Making reporting work for a complex heavily matrixed organization.
    • In Taleo Learn, we had a great reporting tool that allowed us to run a report and scope it to the group and their usage of a course, learning plan or any learning object. Essentially people that were not enrolled could be checked against that usage. During “the sale”, I (believe) we found that folks MUST be enrolled to be able to derive a report like that. How are you working around that concept (as getting stuck on targeting audiences can make a serious challenge for small L&D teams). How are you making that work?
    • Anyone leveraging Microsoft PowerBI?
  • SCORM format and Storyline any best practice on leveraging it in Learn? SCORM 1.2? 2004? 
    • What about CMI interactions - are they available somewhere to try to look into?

Ok - so maybe I blended Let’s Talk Shop and a question. But you have to start somewhere.

Thanks for reading upfront.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!