Best Answer

Best practice for setting up a "Functionality Rollout" session

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our team is starting to host various “Functionality” Trainings. These trainings will vary in audience. Currently just People Managers, but eventually, will include Team Members as well. All are end users of the platform. 

We will offer 4 options per session. For example, if we want to do a session on Observation Checklists. The topic would be the Checklists, and learners have 4 options for which session they will attend (different days and times).

This will turn into a series that we plan to have more sessions, all related to functionality. The set up will be the same to allow them to sign up for the option that best fits their schedule. 

How would I best set up this ILT so that learners can enroll is the session that best suits their schedule? As well as be able to sign up for future sessions? Does it need to be separate ILT courses? I need to take into consideration reporting as well. 

icon

Best answer by dwilburn 23 April 2024, 17:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@estarks8 - to me it sounds like you should have 4 courses, one for each of the options. You setup the courses with enrollment links, make them visible to the learners and allow self-enrollment.

Testing is important, test along the way with a test account in your system.

Then you can make future sessions for the user. Once a user is enrolled in the course then they can enroll in the sessions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

as stated by @dwilburn you can set up individual courses for each topic but keep in mind that users can only self-enrol in a single session for any single course. If you plan to have a series of sessions on the one topic, you may want to pre-schedule them all in a single session so users are automatically booked for them all. Another option would be to archive one session attendance (course completion) to allow them to register into the same course for a second or other session.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you both! We decided that the best way for reporting and user enrollment experience, each training will be it’s own ILT course, with each option being it’s own session open for enrollment :)