Building Community in Docebo

• 14 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey everyone:

What are some ways that you have created community through Docebo?

Looking for some new ways to connect people. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @zjellson, I’m not sure if this is the answer you’re looking for but the only thing that comes to my mind would be the Coach & Share (Channels). Channels are an “addon” to Docebo’s standard platform and if you’re not aware about this, you should probably ask your CSM about the details, pricing, etc.

Anyway, through channels, users can kind of interact with each other. They can upload their own assets to the platform (pdfs, pptxs, videos, links) and share them with others. Users can also ask questions related to those assets. Their questions are being forwarded to the so-called Experts. They are special users who look after the channels assigned to them and answer questions related to the content in them.

The downside is that channels require a bit of dedication and promotion within your organisation. Sometimes getting people involved is not as easy :slight_smile:  Another issue may be keeping the channels organised. If not maintained properly, the amount of assets may start getting out of hand.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @zjellson great question. At my previous company we created various certifications to help drive community within our customer and employee base. The certifications were not required but were something that employees and customers valued from a resume-building standpoint. We ran a team competition with a prize for the team that had the highest % of certified people. This helped change the perception from “something I HAVE to do “ to “something I WANT to do.”

What kind of audiences are you trying to connect?

What needs are you trying to fill (provide information, human networking, build skills, etc.)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @zjellson gamification can also be good tool to drive social interaction as well as Forums. I do agree with @abartunek that Channels are a great, easy way to connect users. You may want to be more overt with there and actually invite users to join if you area having trouble with the uptake. With all the recent improvements made to channels, they are more flexible and easier to manage.

Userlevel 4
Badge

These are all great! Building off the points above, we have clients who use Docebo not only for training/learning purposes but also as an intranet to encourage users to come into the platform. For example, you can use Channels to run a fun social contest or post internal updates (eg. share your work-from-home photos), which is a less prescribed and more organic way to get users acquainted with Docebo, and the hope is that familiarity with the platform will help increase engagement on the formal learning side of things as well.