Skip to main content

Certifications and OSHA standards

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello! 

I was wondering if anyone on this platform has to take into consideration OSHA standards for certain certifications (i.e. Forklift training) and if so, how you’ve handled recording the specific information needed on those certifications. 

Our initial thoughts were to do it via “External training” but I was hoping there may be a better work around solution that someone has found. 

Thanks! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What do you need to see on your certificates?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The problem fields are: 

Instructor name (this varies location by location and there is no clear consistent instructor at each location) 

Test Date 

Observation Date 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

from what I can see in the tags, the instructor name is available for the certs; as long as you have them identified in the Session, they should appear in the cert.

As for the test date and the observation..not sure what the difference is there but am assuming at least 1 is the date they complete a test (course) so that can also be brought in…

What is the Observation date? Does this relate to anything in the system?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just following up here incase anyone else needs this thread: 

1. These certifications include both a T/F test, and a hands on observation. Both of which can occur on different dates. Per OSHA standards, we need to record both dates on the certification.
  2. Our “instructors” could be a manager or tenured team member at any of our 44 locations. There is no standard on who is training or not. 

We’ve decided to use the external training app to record the certifications. There is no way to auto award the information needed so to keep compliant, we are manually tracking them.