Docebo Launch Training for learners

• 20 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are getting ready to launch Docebo and I’d love to hear from the community about the training and resources you provided learners and learner-managers pre, during, and post launch.  

• How did you structure user and manager LMS training?
  • What videos/resources did you provide pre, during, and post launch to help drive adoption?
  • Is there anything you wish you would have done differently?
  • Any tips/general advice for a successful launch is much appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shegarty 

It has been over 3 years since we launched, but I definitely remember our lessons learned. We have both employees and external clients that use our platform and our launch strategy with both were a little different.

Employees received a couple of emails up to the launch and for the launch they were enrolled in a sort of Introduction to Docebo course. 

Our External clients had a few months of emails prior to launch to help them prepare (we provided system requirements, how they will access the platform).  For launch, we had a video on their homepage that walked through how to use and navigate the system and we kept that up for about 3 months post our initial launch.

Our launch seemed minimal, and in fact looking back there are more things that we could have done to help drive more adoption initially.  With that said, here are some things we learned and have put into practice over the years to help new users/drive adoption:

• To promote adoption, talk about the LMS and talk about it often to your organization.   After our launch, a way we were able to drive adoption was incorporating the use of the LMS with events that are not regularly associated with training (such as new brand launch or employee appreciation event).  Have a video or fun activity that the users would need to go to the LMS to complete.
  • Post launch - collect feedback on the user’s experience with the LMS.  Not so much feedback on your course content, but feedback on the platform itself.  Are courses hard to locate?  Do you know where to go to find what you need to complete?  Address those pain points that users may have, because the easier it is for users to navigate your platform, the more they will use it.  In our case, it turned out the way we were titling our courses was making it hard for our users to find anything because our naming convention did not match the names users were using to search our courses. (we put version numbers in our course titles, and we were using “v12.3”, but users would search “12.3”, and so search results would not display what they were looking for!)
  • After our launch we discovered our power users needed a lot more help with learning how to use the administrator functions than we anticipated, so we went from only providing how-to videos and job aides to also providing a 60-90 overview with a member of our training team to help our users get the most out of the platform.
  • If you have access to Docebo University, use it when training Super Admins!  When we first implemented Docebo, the university had not been in use yet.  So I can say that it is really nice to have that resource for your Super Admins.

Good luck and congratulations on your launch!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @shegarty wow! big question...there’s just too much to say here but here are few tips that worked well for us:

• DO use the Docebo training resources to share with your admins and users...there are specific sections just for user navigation, all the way to super admin set-up process...these were extremely useful (https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/categories/360003044220-Docebo-Learn)
  • I planned regular sessions with admins to work on setting up their site so they could watch, learn and experiment (post meeting)
  • I gave them assignments like, create a course, create a user, test a course, etc. and then we reviewed their work at the next meeting
  • DO plan all your steps before you start…
    • what do you intend to implement and by when
    • how many courses, LP, etc do you pan to create
    • how many catalogues?
    • Work on your User base and how they should be set-up
      • do you need to use Additional Fields to capture information you'll eventually use to assign courses, provide access, etc.
      • do you need a Branch structure?
    • You’ll also likely need to spend quite a bit time planning your pages and menus
    • Decide what powers your admins will need...you’ll need to create Power User profiles and make sure they work the way you need them do

That’s all the very high-level parts I can think of right now...hopefully it’s enough to get you started…

Most of all, HAVE FUN and make the experience Fun for those who are on the learning end too!

Userlevel 3

Thank you for the detailed responses to a great question Anarose, Irnlab.

I was part of a partial implementation at my previous role and am now responsible for bringing in the platform into a new company.

I agree, using the Docebo University is absolutely critical to optimize the platform. I also found using the Admin Checklist useful to create an implementation plan: Administrator User Guide for Your Docebo LMS

Wish you the very best Shegarty. Looks like we  both will be in the same boat the next few weeks.