Best Answer

Drip Drip - Trickle Curriculum - doable?

• 10 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I had a SME approach me and wanted to think about trickle curriculum with deployments having after an alotted timeframe. After the persons first day at work. After the persons first 30 days at work. After the persons first 90 days at work. Lets keep it simple and say they would be delivered a course at that particular time. Is that all achieved with prerequisites????

icon

Best answer by alekwo 10 December 2021, 10:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @dklinger I don’t think you can implement the exact scenario you described.

You may be able to achieve something similar with Learning Plans. When you are configuring course perquisites, you can add a delay for unlocking the next course.

However, this will create a delay counted from completing the first course, not from starting the work (being enrolled in the first course).

What you can also do - is to enroll the person into all courses immediately when they are starting the work, but postpone email enrollment notifications - to be sent 4 or 12 weeks after the enrollment. So, the person will technically be able to access those courses earlier, but will only be informed about them at later time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As always Alek - thank you for your insights.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@alekwo So if I needed to think about it one step more deeply?
The unlock can be a) completion driven or b) delayed an opening of the next course with a delay of X days via prerequisites. There is a “user has unlocked the next course in learning plans" notification and it could nudge the learner to come back in….the downside is that this is all self driven and will happen in the persons timeframe not the organizations timeframe.

Because we can postpone email enrollment notifications, we can trickle those out based on a delayed approach establishing what the organization is attempting to "push". The down side of this? Is that the system may seem  schizophrenic - because it will happen no matter if a person has kicked them all out or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@alekwo Have you attempted to mix in using group logic and a person has been added to the group message to help with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@dklinger I don’t think that the Group logic may provide anything on top of what you can achieve with prerequisites in Learning Plans or immediate auto-enrollment and a delayed notification.

Group can have a condition related to the enrollment status - so when you set it to completing a course, it will be the same as a prereq in a learning plan, if you link it to getting enrolled in a course, it will be no different from enrolling someone into all courses at once.

I was thinking about maybe using the retraining app - by assigning the new hired person to a certification with a 90 days expiration, and then, before the expiration sending them a notification to get the course, but this would be triggered every 90 days, so would require a manual intervention to get them out of the cycle. So probably not the best option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

What you gain @alekwo is another notification - and the more communication when there isnt a perfect fit for function? Can only help was my thought….