Skip to main content

OSHA Certification Standards

• 22 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there anyone here who works with OSHA standards and codes for certifications/licenses? If so, I’d love to chat about if you track your trainings/certifications in Docebo and how so? Or, if you don’t, why you don’t. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

@estarks8 What specifically for OSHA?  Certifications and certificates are definitely a pain point for me with compliance requirements.  For any compliance course that I have in Docebo, I put the CFR link in the course description.  If there is a retraining requirement, I make a certification for that course for the required duration, like fire ext or hazmat (and make sure you have notifications on or take on the responsibility of reporting).  If there is a certificate requirement, you have to also make that (which is brutal lol). For things like LOTO or confined space, reports should be good enough for tracking and I have a CFR note in the description that states that you need refresher if something changes.  

Forklift is another story. That I treat like BBP or First Aid with a note along the lines of: This course counts as your theory, but in order to meet the requirements, you need a practical yada yada.  IF Docebo can improve their checklist function, I think we could do the tracking for Forklift practical and evaluation.

I haven’t done this yet, but for something like BBP/First Aid hands on, you could make a fake course where you have the statement about the training and some kind of documentation, then manually mark it as complete to have the tracking.  There is also the external certification feature, which is ok, but not great.  One of my issues with external certs is that there is no branch segmentation, and I cannot have my branches see each other’s stuff.