Policy Attestations - Are you doing them? How?

• 7 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey everyone, I’ve seen some talk about this in previous posts and would like to bring it up again to determine whether you’ve found a workable way for Docebo to accomplish policy attestations or have found an alternative tool for this purpose.

In previous posts I saw a suggestion to use a single question test with one right answer which is quick and easy but unlikely to be useful from a legal perspective. This is our current setup and the legal weakness is why I’m on the hunt for a better solution.

I have also looked into the e-signature option and while it seems a bit better it still doesn’t satisfy the need to produce a document with the attestation and some kind of signature on it.

Another option and one I like the least is having manual submissions on these where a person verifies a signature and marks a person complete because this will be an enormous time sink for new and annually refreshed policies.

At this point I don’t think I can give legal what they want with the LMS and given that others have dealt with this I’m hoping some of you might share your solutions.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’m interested in this question, too.

Our previous LMS had a policies & procedures module. Unfortunately, we did not get the P&P completion data during our outboarding, so I have to have all employees attest to the P&P again.

This is actually a good thing, as there are legacy employees who have not seen updated policies. 

I’ve got two different versions that I’ve been testing:

1. A SCORM course that presents slides and policy documents, and has a final yes/no quiz for doing the attestation
  2. A course that uses Docebo tools to present similar information with a yes/no quiz for attestation. 

I want to avoid using Docebo e-signatures because many of our employees do not check or use their employee email address. 

I don’t want to use a third-party tool either. I’d prefer to do the P&P signoffs and renewals in Docebo. 

I also do not want to do this through the T&C or initial login checkboxes, as those do not present the user with policy documents/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @hchewni interested to know what you do not like about the single question test option. Can you elaborate?

Userlevel 3

Hey @lrnlab, I like it just fine, it’s simple and easy to implement. Our legal team does not like it; they want a signed document with the attestation language on it. With the test option the best you can get is a screenshot of the test answer or a line on a spreadsheet. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey @lrnlab, I like it just fine, it’s simple and easy to implement. Our legal team does not like it; they want a signed document with the attestation language on it. With the test option the best you can get is a screenshot of the test answer or a line on a spreadsheet. 

Agreed. My organization is fine with the yes-no quiz question, as the policies and procedures are set up as an e-learning course. When an employee completes this course, they’ve done the attestation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hmmm and they don’t like the reports? You can get the test questions + answers in a proper report by user. 

Userlevel 3

@lrnlab apparently not. I generated a report for the test to demonstrate it contained names, email addresses (usernames), our attestation text, and an individuals answer but it was not sufficient. I think at this point my only option is to push them towards a policy management tool with attestation tracking that will present it in the form they want. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@hchewni sounds like it if neither the test nor eSig options are acceptable for them.