Renaming Learning Material

• 23 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

So that we can improve the global search and minimise the duplications a user is seeing when searching (course and learning material appearing) we are contemplating renaming our learning material to a more generic name - ie eLearning, Video etc.

Can I ask if anyone else has done this and if there have been any issues with taking this approach?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi. It is confusing to the end user for sure and I know there are some ideas out there about changing things in the search results - so fingers crossed.

One thing we did was change SCORM to eLearning using the localization tool - that has helped. I would be interested in seeing what others have done as well.  :-) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I am not sure if that’s a good idea to rename a learning material to a generic name, it’s going to be hard for admins to manage if there are more than 1 e-learning or there are multiple materials in your course, it’s hard to identify which is which. I would recommend educating your learners to search courses from the Catalog not from the platform search bar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Learning object tagging is your best best to control your global search results

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020127199-Using-the-Platform-s-Global-Search#subtitle-3