Third Party Cookies and Chrome

• 21 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning - have you all find yourselves supporting people through Chrome’s latest tightening up on third-party cookies? Where we can teach people about how to handle this annoyance,I am going to find us supporting site exceptions for the first time in a looooooong time. I can and will chat with our vendors that are seeing an impact related to it in our Docebo instance (Go1 and EasyGenerator), but I am curious from your end - are you all taking similar steps to support your clientele?

It isnt the hardest teach up either:

If a persons Chrome browser is showing this icon? It is not allowing third party cookies.

1. click on the icon.
  2. click on the Site not working? link
  3. click on the Allow Cookies button

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I think I put this up during the break. But I didnt really get any feedback.

Has anyone been running into this as well? How have you been navigating any of the challenges associated with it?

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have always had problems with users that use Chrome, partially due to using a third party hosted SCORM player for some of our material. This generally only shows up when finshing the course, where it doesn’t report completion to Docebo. The only reliable solution I’ve found is advising the user to use Firefox!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

🙄🤐 - one key problem - this is happening with Go1 Content currently...not just any 3rd party. That is the super pain point.

Browsers allowing for third-party cookies are only going to get ratcheted down more and more. We are going to find ourselves playing “safe site games” like we did with the deprecation of Flash and IE...which seems like it is a “in years-past problem”. Saying that - please - a given - I know that the two are not related other than establishing a safesite and deploying site exceptions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

🙄🤐 - one key problem - this is happening with Go1 Content currently...not just any 3rd party. That is the super pain point.

Browsers allowing for third-party cookies are only going to get ratcheted down more and more. We are going to find ourselves playing “safe site games” like we did with the deprecation of Flash and IE...which seems like it is a “in years-past problem”. Saying that - please - a given - I know that the two are not related other than establishing a safesite and deploying site exceptions.

Thank you for sharing this, we are using GO1 and it’s good to know of this potential issues and workarounds.