Time saving win!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We had a case where we are deprecating an old learning plan, but wanted to give those who had completed it credit on the new learning plan that it is being replaced by. 

Running a report generated 137 users, who then needed to be enrolled and marked complete for the 6 courses in the new learning plan. 

Calculating the time I would need in order to manually enroll and mark complete 137 on each course....I knew there had to be a better way. 

So for the first time today, I dipped my toe into the Docebo API portal. Did I have to ask one of my very fine and experienced team members for syntax help - yes. Did I manage to successfully record the training completions via API calls - also yes!

I'm feeling very accomplished today and very thankful for the API portal that saved me untold hours of data entry to complete this task.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@angel.maenza Well done … I am spending my day trying to figure out how to (without API) leave the completed users in the old LP, and move the ‘in progress’ users into the new LP. It is a mess.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@angel.maenzaWell done … I am spending my day trying to figure out how to (without API) leave the completed users in the old LP, and move the ‘in progress’ users into the new LP. It is a mess.

steps I used:

• run report of users I wanted to include
  • export all unique IDs (what you see in the audit trail) from the users page
  • run a v-lookup to match the users from report A to the unique IDs from the export
  • API’s to enroll them in the new LP Courses
  • remove from the old courses/lp

If you want to give it a shot, I am game to try to help you :) just shoot me a message and we’ll find a time to do a video call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @angel.maenza I follow all of this currently except the API part. I may reach out to you.