Question

Ability to completely overhaul php, html, css?

Hi - 

Is it possible to edit the actual php/html/css behind the product (as one can do with Wordpress or Drupal), to completely overhaul the way the product looks and feels? 

Thanks -

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can select the gear icon in the upper right (logged in as admin)

Then select Configure Branding and Look at the bottom of the left-hand side list.

Expand the Custom Styles section and add your CSS there.

You can create custom pages with your HTML and CSS for a pretty drastic change.

But I guess it depends on  the extent to which you mean “completely overhaul”…

Thanks Greg. 

I’ve seen the custom css, that’s not entirely what I want; a custom page with html/css is closer. 

It’s not apples to apples, but in Wordpress as an example - because it is self hosted - I can essentially create an entirely different site and leverage their existing functions and php code as I like. So I could create a site that has nothing to do with a blog, stand up a commerce site, and use Wordpress as a CMS or a login authentication system. (I don’t know why anyone would do that, but as a point of reference...)

Specifically with Docebo, if I wanted to use the functionality for courses - a card that you can click, watch a video, interact with - but no other capabilities, would that be possible?

Thanks - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think for that sort of customization, you’re better off with a solution such as MOODLE which is completely open source and you’ll have access to all the installation files on your server. Plus it is built around PHP.

You’re not going to get quite to that level with Docebo but an HTML/WYSIWYG widget set to full row can allow for some neat things.

There are others out there way more skilled than I am at making stuff but here is a single page with some functions though it is not tracked as a course.

I know that’s not super helpful - sorry.

Perhaps a staff member knows of a major overhaul option in partnership with them. ($$$$)  Have you spoken with your rep about it?

I have no rep :) I’m new, bidding on an RFP, and no one got back to me from the company. 

Greg, your feedback is super helpful. Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @jkolko 

If you want to go beyond pure HTML/CSS, it is possible to host custom widgets - and basically any content you like - on an external server. This can then be iFramed into a Docebo page such that it looks and feels like part of the LMS. Any widgets you host on your server can, if you wish, also interact with Docebo’s API so that the content is specific to the user viewing it.  Basically, if you have your own server space and the technical knowhow, the world’s your oyster!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your response. What you are describing is exactly what I want to do. 

How do you handle CORS/same origin issues to avoid a browser blocking this approach?

Thanks - 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @jkolko 

I have to confess, that is a bit beyond my expertise - we have a third-party developer who helps us with the implementation side of things. However, I don’t think that the CORS/same origin issue arises with this approach. You wouldn’t be doing any cross-communication between the contents of the iFrame and the ‘parent’ page.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is a setting that might be used for a situation like this perhaps…? If you wanted course functionality…?

This says it is for HTML Training Materials which would be in a course so it may be a non-issue for general widgets that are serving as a landing page.