Question

Adding comments to Test question

• 5 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone

I am creating a Test.  I’ve done it many times so no problem there.  However, I’ve never used the Comments text box when adding the answers
In the guide it states:

“...and use the Comments text box to provide feedback for each answer or question.” 

I can see how to add a Comment for each answer but how do I add a Comment just for the question so that the Comment is only displayed when the question is answered correctly?

Many thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Sarah,

from what I’ve seen that’s not possible (I might be wrong though). All the comments I’ve seen refer to the answer section and are linked to answer choices available. Adding a comment to the question directly is not an option I’ve seen.

What is the scenario where you’d need to have the comment linked to the question instead? And what would be the difference to having it linked to the correct response?

From my experience, having the comment linked to the different answer options has worked fine, since you can provide very specific feedback to each individual option. For example, you can explain why a specific answer is wrong and even provide a link to a useful ressource etc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @StefanW

I have a multiple choice question where all the answers are correct and I wanted an overarching comment that encompasses all teh answers.

I was only prompted to try to achieve this as the guide implies that it can be done:
“and use the Comments text box to provide feedback for each answer or question.”

Thanks for your help anyway 😊

Userlevel 3

I see. I had a look at the article and to me it seems like a case of poor wording in the description of the comment feature (unless the answers are actually questions, but not sure if tests in Jeopardy format are that common).