Best Answer

ALL SCORM 1.2 courses not completing

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have an instance in the EU where ALL of my Scorm 1.2 courses are failing to complete. These courses are under their own country-named branch and use enrollment rules to assign courses. This works perfectly.

These courses began as powerpoint files that were converted to Scorm 1.2 in Articulate 360 Storyline. I have used the following publishing settings, ALL of which have failed when tested in Learn:
1. 100% of slides, Passed/Failed
2. Trigger on the last 'Next' button to complete the course, tracking with both 100% of slides, and the complete trigger.
3. Trigger on the last 'Next' button to complete the course, tracking with only 100% of slides
4. Trigger on the last 'Next' button to complete the course, tracking only the complete trigger.
5. Adding a new slide and an 'Exit Course' button with the button set to complete course as Completed/Passed when the user clicks the button, and tracking only the complete trigger.
6. Trigger on the last 'Next' button to exit the course, tracking with 100% of slides, and 80% of slides

I have also reviewed the .story files with my team’s Articulate gurus, and they find nothing out of the ordinary. I publish about 10 courses/week using the configuration #1, but into a different EE tenant and they complete correctly about 99% of the time (can’t have everything, right?)

I have also tested the courses in Incognito windows in Chrome and Firefox. All courses continue to fail

I have tried to create a debug version of this course, but the platform rejects it saying that it is not in the correct format. I have also tried to enable the SCORM debug checkmark under Advanced Settings > Advanced Settings, and that failed to show me anything in the browser debug tools.

I have also loaded all courses at scorm.com and they PASS.

I notice when reviewing the User Stats of ANY user for ANY of the courses, that there is NO CMI data, and NO time listed. Most of these courses are at least 20 slides. As there is no CMI data it appears that messages to complete the course, or to exit the courses are not passed to the LMS.

I have submitted a ticket to Docebo, but thought I would post here as well for all the SCORM gurus.

...oh and this tenant goes live this weekend 😬

icon

Best answer by KMallette 12 July 2023, 17:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We have seen quite a few issues with SCORM courses not marked as completed, however they were not affecting all users and were not easy to replicate, hence we never fully resolved them, but it seems that recently they are happening less often.

We are using Captivate, so this may be different. Still, on the last slide we have added a Mark as completed button invoking the following JavaScript code: 

SCORM_CallLMSSetValue('cmi.core.lesson_status', 'completed');SCORM_CallLMSCommit();

We set the SCORM player to full-screen.

We ask users to disable all scrip- and ad-blockers, disable any kind of shields and protections and enable third-party cookies in their browsers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@alekwo Thank you so much for your reply and workaround. In my particular situation, it turned out that my SSL certificate was not fully trusted. I needed to chain additional CA certs to my domain cert. The reason all courses were failing was because the SSL wasn’t creating a https:// environment. Scorm won’t communicate without a secure environment.

We use Storyline, and can add Close Course triggers. I had already tried this approach without success.