Best Answer

Allow learners to choose session with an instructor

• 25 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have a course that learners follow independently and then an instructor needs to observe them carrying out certain tasks in real time on an application. As learners go through the course at their own pace, it’s tricky to predict when we need to make instructors available. To make planning our side easier, we’d like to put something on Docebo that says “these are the dates/times that are available, choose one”. Only one person should be able to “enroll” for any given observation session.

As the instructor only needs to observe the learner, there is no need for a webinar or teams meeting or anything like that - there doesn’t need to be any contact. Just a way to give options and have learners choose one and that option then not be available to anyone else.

I can’t see an obvious way to do that in the platform. Does anyone have any bright ideas?

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 25 May 2021, 16:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ChristinaC , 

Could you create a live event class shell that has all of your sessions and set the max enrollment for each session to 1?

Then you could link the course shell into your e-learning course with an HTML object?  Then when the user completes the actual content, they have to access the HTML object which will direct them to your ILT course where they can select a date/time?

I believe you can also have a notification get sent to users who have completed a course.  You could link that ILT course in the notification, then users can sign up for a session to be observed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Annarose.Peterson 

I had been trying to do this with events, but of course it’s SESSIONS I need to do it with, thank you! I hadn’t thought of linking to the ILT course by way of an HTML object so thank you very much for that tip, too. I will give all of that a try.

Userlevel 2

Hello @ChristinaC 

Did you had any success in creating ILT sessions and allowing learners to choose the instructor at later date? If yes, can you tell us how did you do it? Thank you.

Userlevel 3

Hello @ChristinaC 

Did you had any success in creating ILT sessions and allowing learners to choose the instructor at later date? If yes, can you tell us how did you do it? Thank you.

I have a similar need over here. if a learner can’t find a suitable date, how can he ask for a custom date. the use case I have is for our partner/customers to ask for more dates for an private ILT session

I tried to create a course with a training material being either a checklist, a test, or survey, but I need to be able to notify a mailing list when this would be entered. I even tried with a microsoft form link but I don’t like that solution for the lack of automatic notification of changes locked to a single user

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi. I’m afraid the requirement I had went away so I didn’t play with this any further. But what Annarose.Petersen said should work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

So I was trying to do this, but I’m not able to pull the link for some reason? What am I missing here?