Auto Enroll from Waitlist Weirdness

• 27 June 2023
  • 2 replies

We noticed some weirdness with session waitlists in ILT courses. We have tested and confirmed that if a learner switches the session they enrolled in (we’ll call it session A) while on its waitlist to session B, the auto enroll script will automatically enroll someone from the waitlist in session A to the session. This happens even if the max number of seats in the session has been reached and results in enrollments appearing higher than the max. 

It appears that the auto enroll functionality is triggered by switching from the session regardless of the learner’s status (waiting or enrolled). I believe this is broken as the session max should never be exceeded. Anyone else having this problem? 

BTW here is a recording showing the above happening on our platform:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/840159565

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @stolljn - we are having the same issue. Due to the timeline for the course I disabled the automatic enrollment from the waitlist list function and it allowed us to have the waitlist. This is far from ideal as it means manual efforts from our side. 

Userlevel 1

Hey Stolljn,

I hope things are well :) I’ve reviewed your video and also attempted to replicate this. However, I’ve noticed based on my tests, that the “change session” button shouldn’t be available to users that are waiting users in any session in the same course. If convenient, could you please open a support ticket so that we can take a closer look? Or if you’ve already opened one, feel free to please post the ticket number.