Question

Auto-Enrolment links for courses - anyone having issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Recently we have reports of our users having issues when accessing courses that use auto-enrolment links...seems the links suddenly stopped working and we have to replace them we newly generated links...has anyone else had this issue?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@kevin.fitzell tagging you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have had a sincere mixed bag. I almost always go back to pointing people to a page that has a course catalog widget on it.

I get worried with the variation at play when I hear this.

Was it effectively triaged back to a clean root-cause (like permissions)? Or is this purely an anecdotal finding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

don't think so @dklinger haven't heard anything more on this post so am guessing that either some haven't noticed or it’s a sporadic issue…???

We are currently encountering this exact issue.  Interestingly a customer has just advised that the links work when they copy and paste them into a new tab but not when clicking on them directly. 

Having looked into it myself it seems to be that odd characters are disappearing from the URLs when clicking on them.  It’s really frustrating for us as our whole set up rests on users clicking these enrolment links to be funnelled through to the right learning plan and with over 40 different links at play it’s not feasible to be continually having to update these in the course material.

Off to see if I can find a way around this now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Catherine.Davies85 what browser do you use? Are there any security measures place that could potentially cause this? Odd that characters would be stripped out of the url when clicked...found a few articles that state that unsafe characters are usually stripped out of URLs...do you have any such characters in your course titles?

https://ftpdocs.broadcom.com/cadocs/0/CA%20SiteMinder%20r6%200%20SP6-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/256390.html

@lrnlab thanks for your reply.  I use chrome but it’s happening for our external users on a regular basis too.  There are no unsafe characters in the course titles.  I’ve gone through this morning and replaced all the links with shorter links that will redirect to the original in the hopes of this preventing us from having to continually update so will monitor and see how that works as a solution.